Friday, April 12, 2013

Instagram

Instagram is changing how we share photos around the world. Instagram is an app on iPhones and Android devices that lets you put the photos you took under an array of filters and share them with the friends that follow you. Instagram allows you to geotag the location so that the user can see all the photos that were taken in that location as well. I enjoy instagram because I have a lot of friends that follow me that can see all the photos I post, like and comment on them. Instagram also has a tags feature where you can hashtag tags and that tag will link back to all the photos that have that tag on them. Instagram is an amazing device for sharing memories and photos from all around the world. Every since it has been bought by Facebook for 1 Billion dollars in 2012 it exploded in popularity. As of February 2013 it has 100 million users that use it every month after just a little over 2 years on the market i. Instagram is a great social media site. I enjoy it because up until recently it was only phones. There was no distraction of using Instagram on the computer and on the phone because it was just on the phone and it was all mobile. It was unlike Facebook which is on mobile and on desktop browsers.


2 comments:

  1. I don't like Instagram because I do not like sharing my location and photos with the public. I guess some people are more comfortable sharing their lives with public than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting point that you bring up that differentiates Facebook from Instagram. In this whirlwind world of social media, it is easy to get lost in the mix and clump them all together as one. I do agree that Instagram is a unique app, I do use it often to filter my pictures, however I do not have a public profile, and therefore I do not share my photos with anyone. I think the reason Instagram is so popular is because it is the reinvention of the Polaroid. The Polaroid gave popularity because it had instant gratification. Instant gratification plays a big part in consumer behavior. This does sadden me, however that the Polaroid is practically extinct, because the use of Instagram has made me want a Polaroid camera even more.

    ReplyDelete